Saturday, August 2, 2008

Could it be this weekend....???

So yesterday was suppose to be my last day of work...but I ended up not making it.

This is how our weekend has gone so far:
Friday: Woke up at about 5 having contractions. They were not that bad at first, but were getting worse. I woke Joey up at around 7 and we started timing them. They were coming about 5-10 minutes apart. I decided to call the doctor and see if they wanted me to go to the hospital or see them first. They said to come in at 10:20 to get checked out.

We packed our bags in the car just in case and head to the doctor. My nurse Carol(who I love) checked me, but said my cervix is still pretty high up, but he has dropped quite a bit. I have a regular scheduled appointment on Monday so I asked if I should still come. She said yes, but she really didn't think that I would make it to Monday, she thinks I will have him this weekend.

Since we were almost to the hospital, when we left the doctor we decided to finish pre-registering since I still had to sign a couple papers. Then it was off to get lunch and walk the mall. After walking the mall a couple times it was back home.

At about 9:00pm the contractions started back up pretty hard. We started timing them and they were lasting between 1-2 minutes and about 4-6 minutes apart. At 11:00 I told Joey that it was time to head to the hospital. We get there and get checked in and get in a room. The nurse hooked up the fetal heart rate monitor and the contraction monitor and checked me. She came in a couple minutes later and told me that she wanted to wake the baby up and get him moving, so she was going to bring me some juice. This kinda freaked me out, but I knew I was in a good place if anything happened. Then about 45 minutes later she came in and said they were going to send us home. I was devastated:( It's not like we live that close to the hospital and how was I suppose to know when it was really time to go back.

We got back home at around 2 and went straight to bed. Well, at least I tried to. The contractions were coming closer together and a lot stronger.

So now it is Saturday, and my contractions have come back off and on and not as hard as last night. In a way I really just hope that my water breaks so they can't send me home.


AmberM said...

Oh goodness, hearing all of this brings back so many memories! Keep hanging in there...we're thinking of ya!

Dick & Margaret said...

Woo Hoo! The adventure has just begun. Hang on to your hats and enjoy the ride. Love you guys... take care.