Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 2 of Diabetes Diet

So, this whole diabetes diet is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I met with the diabetic counselor yesterday and she gave me a list of foods that I can and can’t eat. She also showed me how to use my meter to check my blood sugar levels. Here is what I have been eating:

Breakfast:
A piece of wheat toast with peanut butter
¼ cup of cottage cheese

Lunch:
Grilled chicken taco (not eating the whole tortilla) with salsa (yum!), lettuce, and cheese.
Beans and rice

Afternoon snack:
12 wheat thins with salsa

Dinner:
Grilled chicken, some sort of vegetable, and ¼ rice

So far all my numbers have been really good, and I am very proud of myself. Last night me and Joey went to Sals Mexican Resturant and I didn’t have any chips(everyone who knows me probably knows how hard that was watching Joey chomp away on them!) Even though this is only the second day of this, I know I can keep it up. I have to keep on telling myself, that it is all for the baby!

No comments: