Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What a Day!!!

Where do I begin…yesterday was such an eventful day!

We started the day by going to the car rental place to pick up our rental for the week while my car is in the shop. Not sure if you all heard, but the day of my baby shower, right before I was going to leave, my car was backed into. Luckily no one was in the car, as it was parked in font of our apartment. The girl that hit me was just not paying attention what so ever. After about two weeks of going back and forth she finally decided that she was going to go through her insurance (at first she was going to pay out of pocket). Luckily we were able to get a rental car for the week so me and Joey won’t have to carpool. We ended up getting a Ford Edge and it is VERY nice! Anyways, after picking up the rental car we then dropped my car off at the body shop. Then it was off to my ultrasound appointment.

We had to go in for a follow-up ultrasound so they could re-measure his kidneys as the last time they were a little on the big side. At this ultrasound everything is measuring right on track. The tech said he looks like a sweet baby boy with really big feet! Not sure where he got the big feet from, as both me and Joey have small feel, but she did mention that he will probably not fit in the newborn size booties or socks. When I told my sister this she said that Matthew was the same way. The pictures below are just a couple of what she gave us. In the first picture it looks like he has Joey’s chin, in the second, it shows just how big his feet are, and the third is our favorite. Not sure if you will be able to make it out, but he is playing with his toes. After the u/s tech was done with all her measurements she did the u/s for a couple more minutes so we could have one last look at him. All of a sudden he put his leg up and then grabbed his toes! She also said that it already looks like he has a lot of hair.

After my u/s appointment it was off to my normal doctor’s appt. We got there a little early and surprisingly they took us early (which never happens at doctors offices)! I got to meet one of the other doctors in the practice and she is really nice. The other day I took my one hour glucose test to test for Gestational Diabetes. I thought that I would pass with flying colors, but I failed :(, not too bad, my levels were at 158 and they should not be over 140. She is sending me for a three hour glucose test, but she said that looking at my last test I should be fine. So please all cross your fingers and pray that I pass this one.

I then signed up for Childbirth classes and my first one is this Wednesday. Both Joey and I are very excited, but at the same time a little nervous because that means it is getting closer for me to deliver.

I finally made it to work at about 12:30 and it didn’t slow down. We were very busy and it doesn’t help that we are shot handed.

I know I promised a picture of myself, but our computer at home is dead, we are waiting for a new charger to come in the mail. As soon as we get that I will post one.

No comments: