Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where has the year gone?

As Oliver's birthday approaches I have been sitting here thinking about this past year. I can't believe that in 2 days my baby is going to be a year old! It seems like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital and we had no idea what to expect. Every new parent tells you that one of the hardest things about being a new mom is the lack of sleep. Apparently Oliver is not the norm. From the first day that we brought him home till he was 8 weeks old, he would only wake up once in the night for a feeding. Then once he was 8 weeks old he practially slept through the night. We would have to go into him room once a night if he spit out his pacifire, but Joey was always so good about not making me always get up.

If being a fist time mom was not stressful enough, we decided to buy our first house when Oliver was just 4 weeks old. Then 4 days before I went back to work we moved in. We have been slowly getting things done and organized around the house, it has taken a while, but is getting finally getting done!

So as I sit here looking back on the first year, I leave you with a couple pictures.



1 comment:

Katie Fries said...

Picture 1: Joey
Picture 2: Bridget
Picture 3: Himself
Picture 4: Moe from the Three Stooges