Sunday, August 9, 2009

What a day!!!

Yesterday was Oliver's birthday party, it was a crazy, busy day, but so much fun at the same time. Me and Joey started early at 7:30am getting things ready. I had some last minute things to pick up like the cake and balloons, so I did that while Joey stayed home to clean while Oliver was napping. My mom and brother-in-law, and then Joey's dad, step-mom, and Papa showed up around 10:30 to get all the food over to the clubhouse. By the time 11:00 rolled around the party was in full swing. Everyone was arriving, getting some snacks, and Joey and his dad were firing up the BBQ.

There were so many people that loved Oliver there to help celebrate his big day! My sister and her family drove down from the bay area and my cousins fiance came up from Visialia, also one of my good friends, Meredith, was in town from Arizona so she came with her adorable kids, Monica(2) and Magill(2months). Other's that were there were my parents and Joey's dad, step-mom and Papa, The Harris Family(John, Kim, Mia, Portia, and Ethan, The Bird Fam(Aimee, Baylee, and Marlee, my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins, Jay and Vanessa, my friend Andrea(from work) her boyfriend, and his son.

All the kids got along so great! We had some baseball coloring pages for them, also some little soft baseballs and slinkies. The little baseballs were a big hit. As soon as some of the little ones started to get a little fussy, I pulled those out and they LOVED them, even some of the bigger kids joined in.

Oliver got some great gifts! Joey's dad and step-mom got him the cutest little ride on fire truck and fire hat. As soon as we opened it, he wanted to get on and ring the little bell. He also got a lot of super cute clothes for the winter, a ride on little car, a lawn mower, telephone, remote control car, and a bunch of other cute toys.

We ended up taking a lot of pictures, so I am working on uploading them in a slide show and will post again with all the pictures.

Now we are relaxing today with a couple errands and I just have to go back to the clubhouse to clean the floor and make sure everything is nice and neat. We had the room all day, so after the party and a much needed nap, we had my family over for some poker and visiting.

It was such a fun day, but I have 2 words for next year...Chuck E Cheese!!!!

No comments: