Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This past week

This past week has been super busy. My sister and her family came into town last Tuesday evening for Thanksgiving and stayed until Sunday. Thanksgiving was spent between my parents house and Joey's dad's house. It works out pretty well with our families. My family eats early, usually around 4, and his family eats around 6. So after we were done at my parents we headed over to his dad's house. Joey's two step sisters were in town, so it was really nice to spend some time with them, and have them spend time with Ollie since they don't get to see him that much.

Friday Joey had to work, so me and Ollie headed over to Target later on in the day. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I got a couple gifts out of the way and then went over to my parents house. It was pretty much a lazy day after that. Joey got off around 4 and then after dinner and after we put the kids to bed me, Joey, and my brother-in-law met my cousin and his fiance over at Starbucks. My sister met us a little later after she got her hair cut.

That is when my cousin spilled the beans about what happened after we left my parents on Thanksgiving. My grandfather had some pretty odd things around his house. One item in particular was this statue of a naked women, just from the chest up. Last year my uncle put it up in my parents garage. Now, they have decided to start a "tradition" that every year someone different gets her. And we are now the lucky owners of her(my mom has named her nefertitty). Since we left her at my parents, my sister, brother-in-law, and mom decided to go over to our house and hang her up on our wall. Mind you, this all happened on Thursday night, and on Friday I didn't even notice it!



Needless to say we have moved her...into the downstairs bathroom!

On Saturday Joey's brother and sister-in-law were in town from down south, so we all went to dinner at Luna's in Old Town Clovis. We had not seen them for a while, so it was really nice to catch up with them.

The rest of the weekend was spend relaxing and doing our normal Sunday activities, lunch at Colorado Grill, and our weekly trip to Target. We also hung Christmas lights outside(pictures to come later).

I have also had a couple days off of work. I decided to take a weeks vacation, just to hang out with Ollie, and get all of my Christmas shopping done. It has been really nice having these past couple days off with my little man and really don't want to go back to work on Thursday:(

No comments: