Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I am still alive...I promise!

I know, it has been over a month since my last post. Honestly though, not much has been going on, although we have been so busy during the week. With work and all, it just doesn’t seem like there are enough hours in the day. By the time I get home from getting Oliver from the babysitter I still have an hour before Joey gets home. In that time I have to figure out what to make for dinner, make it, and keep Oliver entertained. Let me tell you, that is no easy task.

At the beginning of September Joey was in Vegas for 5 days for work. This meant 5 VERY long days for me. He left on a Sunday morning and came home on Thursday morning while I was at work. Oliver was so happy to see him, and so was I!
This past Friday Joey’s mom and little sister came into town to watch Oliver for the day. I had been about 3 months since they saw him, so it was nice for him to spend the day with them. When I came home from work we went out to dinner before they headed back up to Walnut Creek. It was a short trip, but hopefully we can make it up there in the next couple weeks or so.

I can’t believe how much Oliver is learning these days. When they say kids are like sponges, they are totally right. When Joey’s sister was here she taught Oliver how to make a monkey sound, now, he walks around the house screaming like a monkey! Then on Saturday me and my mom went shopping for his Halloween costume and found the cutest dragon costume at Old Navy. I roared like a dragon, and now he does that too.

Not only is he learning so much, he is learning how to get around certain things too. For example: My mom has these decorative spoon rests hanging on the side of the island in the kitchen. For some reason all 3 boys have loved to play with them. They know they are not allowed, but do so anyways. On Sunday we were over there for dinner and Oliver walked over to the spoons and started to play with them. I told him no and he walked away. A couple minutes later I looked over and he was holding his bunny having the bunny touch the spoons! I have to admit, I though it was pretty funny, and smart on his part!

Since I am at work, there are no pictures to post, but I will try and get some up tomorrow after my birthday dinner!

1 comment:

Denise, Jonathan, Jacob and Cora said...

Hey Bridget!! I hope you have an awesome bday. Its so amazing how fast they do grow and how much they seriously absorb!
Glad to hear you are all doing well :)