Sunday, September 28, 2008

STTN!!!

Anyone that is a parent probably knows what those four letters stand for. If you are not a parent it stands for Sleeping Through The Night!!! And that is what Oliver did last night, at exactly 8 weeks old.

Yesterday was a very busy, but very fun day. It started out with going to Lauren's bridal shower at Pangea. Tim and Lauren's wedding is quickly approaching, in about 3 weeks. I decided last minute to bring Oliver since Joey's mom, sister, and aunt were going to be there and haven't seen him since he was 2 weeks old. We got to Pandea at about 11:30 and the bridal shower started about a half hour later. We had a very nice lunch and then Lauren started opening gifts. Joey's mom, sister, and aunt traded off holding Oliver. Even though it was hot, it was a very nice shower. We then headed to my parents to get ready for Megan and Keola's engagement party.

The engagement party started at 5:00 and was absolutely beautiful! It was held in her aunt and uncle's backyard that was just redone. Ron and Marti came down from Santa Cruz and this was their first time seeing Oliver. As soon as Marti saw Oliver she took him and I only saw him once for the rest of the night. After Marti held him Paul, Megan's cousin took over.

Since he slept most of the night I was a little worried how well he would sleep in the middle of the night. We got to my parents about 9:30, I fed him at about 10:00 and he fell asleep again. When we got home we put him straight to bed and then went to bed ourselves. This is where it gets exciting...He didn't wake up until 5:00. Still early for me, but I would consider that sleeping through the night! I fed him and he slept till 8:15.

Today was pretty much a lazy day. Mike, Janice, Matt, Megan, and Keola came over on their way to the train station to drop Matt off. They stayed and visited for about 2 hours since Matt's train was leaving at 2:10 for LA.

We took Kate, Eric, and the boys over to our house for them to see the model and to show them ours. They have done a lot to the house and it should be done in about a month. I got a lot more pictures, but it is late so I will post them tomorrow.

No comments: